Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quilting the Tie Quilt


I have the tie quilt loaded and have started quilting.  I am using wool batting, which I love.  Wool is my favorite batting of all time, it is soft, drapes well, does not hold a crease, breaths in summer and winter, and is so wonderful to quilt on.   There is enough loft to show off the quilting without being too thick and heavy.


Here is a peak of the quilting, most of which will show up on the back better than the front which will make this quilt even more special.  I am getting very excited to deliver the completed quilt to my brother hopefully later this month.  I better get it finished.

Thanks for reading, and the inquiries and comments I really do appreciate them.

Esther

6 comments:

  1. Hi Esther
    That is looking fantastic!!!! Our quilting group was given a collection of ties once owned by a top NZ cricketer. We're supposed to make a quilt to auction off to raise funds for Hospice. this looks like a super design.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking so good! All those ties are working so well together.
    I've never used wool batting, but after that endorsement, I'm going to have to get me some. Did you get it locally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Cant wait to see the rest of the quilting and the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wool batting is a dream to quilt on. It's wonderful! Your Tie Quilt looks great and the quilting on the Radiance backing will look amazing! Well done :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're doing all sorts of different designs -- can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. Your machine quilting is wonderful. How lucky is your brother!

    ReplyDelete