Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Holly's Flower Girl quilt

I made this Flower Girl quilt with fabric from Thimble Blossoms for my little Holly.  She recently switched from a crib to her big bed.  


I will start off with the finished quilt so you can see the design and layout.  I alternated two quilting designs for the flower blocks.
One of the designs was an open petal idea with a very simple leaf design.

The other blocks has gridwork inside the flower, with arch shapes bordering that.

I incorporated a design in the sashing, and I love the way it turned out.  Because the blocks were quilted on printed fabric, which doesn't always show off the quilting, I wanted to highlight the solid sashing.

And here are random shots, some while on the longarm, and some in the awesome afternoon sunlight which really shows off the quilting.





This shot shows the fun border, and the two different design I used in the leaf shapes.




And, the final shot of the back.

Thanks for looking,  I do appreciate your company

Esther



14 comments:

  1. Fantastic, you're quilting certainly makes the eye move across the quilt. Superb,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the quilt and the quilting is amazing>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet colors and pattern makes it the perfect quilt for Holly. LOVE the design for the borders, very clever! The alternating designs for the blocks. Also the quilting in the sashing, how it moves into the blocks. Wow! Love everything, your quilting is beautiful! Fun to see it finished, Holly will love this quilt for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly is a very lucky girl! She will love and treasure this quilt for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! :)
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! this is a treasure! Your quilting is always amazing, but you continue to set the bar so high.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully quilted! I love the way you did the sashing; the on-point squares are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love it. Your work is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fantastic job. Perfect for little miss Holly. Love the fabric, quilt blocks and quilting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. Your quilting is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! I love the contrast in the quilting between blocks: sunshine and shadow, as Cindy says. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one lucky young lady! I just love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is magnificent!! Every little girl's dream quilt!! Beautitul!
    P

    ReplyDelete