Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bloggers Block and Dr. Seuss

I am sure you have noticed the lack of blogs, both in content and postings.  I seem to have Bloggers Block, a condition that I feel certain is not mine alone, but makes the rounds.  Is anyone immune?  Suggestions?  Anyway, I have been struggling lately.

But, I do have a quilt to show you, a cute baby quilt made from Dr. Seuss fabric.   
This fun quilt is a shower gift for my DIL and my soon to be grandson.

I cut circles out of the Dr. Seuss and appliqued the circle, and the left over part of the block onto white fabric.  I made two sizes of blocks, and put them together in random order.

This quit is especially crinkly.  I like it, but it may be a bit too crinkly.  Most of the time I do not pre-wash my fabrics, but I may have to reconsider this. 


The quilting is something I learned from Angela Walters new book,  Free Motion Quilting.  I love the concentric circles, it gives a new look to the spirals I do so often.  This was a really fun design to quilt, and I love the look of it.

Thanks for sticking with me and my blog, I appreciate it.

Esther

6 comments:

  1. Oh i have been the same! I have had so many different things going on the last couple of months. Things I havent faced before and just plain busy. I am visiting with my grandbabies at present so nothing else comes into focus. I think that is what blogging is about it has an ebb and flow, like life. Always like your blog. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther

    Please keep on blogging, I love seeing what you are doing. What a very cute quilt pattern. I can just see that in Kiwiana fabrics. I'm with you on not pre washing fabrics. I love the crinkle look. A friend of mine irons here quilts!!!! Shock horror.

    Cheers

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, and what a creative way to use all the fabric! I love the circles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling baby quilt! It turned out beautiful! The quilting is gorgeous too! Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOoo, it's so cute and just crinkly enough! I love the circle theme, perfect all around!

    ReplyDelete