Thursday, December 13, 2012

Enjoying the Season

I don't know how to start, with an apology for not posting, an excuse for not quilting, or just admitting that I am enjoying the season.  With all the additional activities during December, I am doing less and less sewing and quilting, and I am okay with that.  I have had seasons full of stress, late nights, frustration, and I just don't want to go there this year.  I am trying to slow down and not get overwhelmed.  But, with that there is some regret too.  I am still working on the Celtic Knot, but rather than hours at a time, I fit in minutes when I can.

Today I am baking cookies in preparation for a cookie decorating party on Saturday.  That will be an adventure with six little ones doing what they can with a bag of frosting and a blank cookie.

So, for those of you frustrated with my lack of quilting, I apologize.  Quilting is a very important part of my life and this blog, but it isn't all I want to post about.  I hope you are enjoying all that Christmas is.

Esther


5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Esther! Take it easy and enjoy yourself. And don't feel guilty for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is about family, not how much you can get done in the weeks before. Don't apologize for having your priorities straight!

    Do enjoy the season! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing just the right thing! Enjoy it all and everyone else around you will, too! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. As i read your blog the thought "wisdom comes with age". I too have spent many stressful holidays and have also vowed that i will not do that any more! What a blessing to decorate cookies with those precious ones. Hopefully you will be able to take a few pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could anyone be frustrated with lack of posting at this time of the year (or any really)? We all have lives! I am happy to hear you are enjoying yours! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete