Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Debi's Bear Paw

Here are some pictures of the quilting I did on Debi's Bear Paw quilt.


Here is the quilt before quilting so you can see the layout.

Large feathers went around the outer border, and the first border had some dot to dot.




I used some straight lines within the center sections,

I divided the background space with a check border, and more feathers arching around the corners.


And in my hast to get this off the rails, and another loaded, I did not get a photo of the entire quilt finished, but I think you can get an idea.

I am finding my New Year's balance, keeping up with my sewing goals and resolutions.  I have not bought fabric for over thirty three days!!!!!  And........I have made my bed every day in 2014.  Simple as the bed making goal is, it is huge for me.  It sets my whole day off in the right direction, and it was a habit that I was very negligent in, so I am quite pleased.
I am also trying not so much to slow down, but to pace myself at my own pace.  As silly as it sounds, this blog is one of my most stressful things on my schedule lately.  I know it is all me, there are no blog police, it is all for fun, but nonetheless I put pressure on myself related to my blog.  So, if I am sporadic, or infrequent, that's just where I am currently.   Thanks for sticking with me, I do appreciate it.

Esther

9 comments:

  1. Debi's quilt looks gorgeous! I'm sure she was pleased, I woud be. Wow!
    Good luck on those personal goals. Don't beat yourself up! We've all been there. In fact, I haven't even made my bed today because I had a cat on it and a dog under the blankets, it's now after 2 pm not sure if it's worth it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful as always. Your quilting is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful. Good luck with your goals. Making my bed every morning sets the tone for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilting, it really finishes this quilt off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done, especially around the corners if the blocks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing quilt made super special with all that gorgeous quilting! Lucky Debi!! I get inspired when I see the hours of work you do and share with us ;) thank you for making it happen for us Esther! The thing I have enjoyed most about blogging is that I finally after all the years of buying pretty journals and filling one or two days, I have a version of one that I can look back on and fill in the blanks along with a quilting history. It's not a perfect documentation but it works for me! I too have been posting less often but I wish I did more! Good job on making the bed!!! I love to kick the animals off fluff up the pillows shake off the pet fur and get ready for the day. I can't leave the house without doing it. Virgo. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete