Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival

It's Bloggers Quilt Festival again thanks to Amy's Creative Side, and this is my entry.  This quilt was made with instructions that it be chocolate inspired.  My favorite chocolate treat is a Chocolate Covered Caramel Apple, so that is where my color scheme came from.  I have always wanted to make a Storm at Sea, so that is the pattern I chose. This quilt measures 86" x 86" and I am entering the professionally quilted category.


I went with the idea of water while quilting this, and did a lot of swirls to accent the natural movement in the design, and to mimic water.  I also added lots of "bubbles".




A view from the back.

Thanks for looking at my entry, and have fun looking at all the quilts.  Thanks again to Amy for hosting this Festival, and thanks to my sparkly friend for the encouragement.

Esther

17 comments:

  1. I like the way your version of the Storm at Sea came out. I'm always surprised by how the quilting can enhance the overall pattern. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful StormAtSea! I love how the threads show off the quilting on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther, you have done such a nice job - a delight to look at. Good luck! Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt and how you've quilted it - great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther,
    I hope you win. I love this quilt. I'm not sure I could eat chocolate at sea though. Tee Hee!
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy I got to see this beauty in person front and back! It's wonderful Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combination that you used, wonderful quilt:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The quilting is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is simply stunning! You so captured the chocolate covered apple with your color choices I love it! The quilting is exquisite! You're making my decision really hard :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had such a hard time deciding which quilt to vote for in this category. Esther, this is amazing! I really love the color scheme as well as the quilting motifs. Brava, Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youve used such wonderful colours and your piecing is so perfect. Thank you for sharing this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete