Monday, April 7, 2014

Central Washington Applique

This beautiful batik applique quilt made by Robbie, shows various scenes throughout central Washington.  I quilted the blocks in a variety of stitches to accent  the applique.


The top of the quilt started with mountains, which I stitched with a rugged zig zag.  I put gently curves in the sky portion.  I was thinking of cool mountain air.

Border and shashing treatments

Birds on a branch before,

Birds on a branch after.

Washington Wildflowers


I love this fish!

And finally the horses. 

I really enjoyed the variety of scenes, which led to a variety of quilting ideas. 

Thanks for reading, I appreciate your company.

Esther

7 comments:

  1. Wow love the quilting, especially the fish and the horses. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Robbie working on this and she was really happy with her fish. Now she will be thrilled with her fish! And the rest of the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always amazed, Esther, at how clevely you design the quilting to highlight the quilt! Wonderfull done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fish too!!! and the sky with the birds and the horse manes and the whole quilt! Fun that you played with each section adding character and texture. Well done, Robbie will love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! Lots to take in and enjoy on this one. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick a favorite block. They all are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete