Sunday, September 28, 2014

Before and After

This was a quicker than I thought project that made a huge difference.


I have this great comfy glider that I love, but the denim type upholstery was really dingy and I thought how fun it would be if I recovered it.  I was hesitant for a long time thinking it would be more difficult than it was, but when I finally decided to tackle it, no problems.  I took the back, seat, and each arm pad, and used them to trace a pattern.  Basically it was like making a tight fitting pillow case.


My biggest concern was how to tackle the industrial snaps that were on the arm cushions, and on the wooden arms of the glider.  Ah ha, I just cut out a button hole, or really a "snap hole", and pushed the original snap through the new cover and snapped them onto the chair frame.  Easy.

Thanks for reading,

Esther

8 comments: