Friday, April 27, 2012

A bag full of ties

When I was thinking of a name for this post, I had a few ideas.  The first was titled "Not my husband's tie."  Then I would tell you all how my husband  has maybe one tie.  I have seen him in a tie four, five, maybe, six times in over thirty years.  He wore a tie on our wedding, our daughters wedding, our son's wedding, and his grandma's funeral.  Other that those times there was not much tie wearing going on around here.  Ties are not something we deal with, so I don't have much appreciation for them.  Well, I appreciate them more now, ever since...

My brother brought me a bag.....

a bag full of ties.

Beautiful, beautiful ties.  



See where this one was made?
These ties are gorgeous,  Loving fabric and colors as I do, just touching and looking at this assortment of beautiful makes me happy.  I am in awe.  They are handmade, made in far away places, and some with great names.

So, why did my brother give me a bag full of ties, and what am I going to do with them?  Make a quilt of course.  I will post my progress.  

Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it.

Esther

2 comments:

  1. Hi Esther, I have recently been honored with the Liebster Blog Award, and I would like to pay the same compliment to you. I love your quilting and enjoy reading your blog..... The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter feels are worthy. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. Check out my blog for more details. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. I got it a couple of weeks ago. It's honour to be in good company :) Anyway, I saw your blog on Library Gal's because you quilted her quilt recently. I happen to see this tie posting and I was intrigued. I too have a bag of ties :) Hope to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete