Monday, April 16, 2012

Good intentions

Well, I didn't get it all done, I rarely do.  I made this list Sunday night, and I very likely could have completed it, except, well I didn't. There were other things not on the list that I did get done, but sadly, many of the things I needed to do today were left undone.
Something that I have worked on for years, is scheduling  my work at home days trying to get everything done.  There is always more to do than time to do it.  I know that this is such a common thread (great use of words there) with those of us who have a home business and family.  My biggest struggle is sticking to a schedule.  I think part of the difficulty is that because I work from home and my schedule is flexible, it is often too flexible.  I make concessions that I couldn't make if I worked outside of the home. This is a positive and negative aspect of working from your home.  I always think there will be time later, time tonight, time early in the morning, and often I am working during those odd hours. All in all, I love having a home business.  For my family it was the answer we needed, and it worked well.
But, back to where I started this post, with a list not completed.  Today actually was a very productive day, and I got several hours of quilting in, and a wonderful walk through the orchards with the dogs.  That alone made the day a great success.  I needed to get groceries, a chore I am not liking as much as I used to, and as you can see, that did not get done.  Alas, we just had to go to Applebee's for $5.00 burger night.  I think it was a great day all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment