Monday, December 24, 2012

My favorite day of the year

Merry Christmas Eve.  This is my favorite day of the year.  From the moment I wake up I am happy that it is Christmas Eve.  All my shopping is done, all the errands and wrapping, and now I can take a deep breath and absorb the day.  I have some cooking to do for tonight and tomorrow morning, but somehow making Christmas eve dinner and Christmas brunch are not work.  Just anticipation of good to come. There is a calmness in my spirit, and yet there is still the anxious joy of waiting for good things to come.  We go to church tonight, Christmas carols will make me smile and cry at the same time. Through out the season I try to pause and remember why we celebrate, what is the basis of my faith and belief, but Christmas Eve brings it all together for me. This is my favorite day.  I want to wish anyone reading this a blessed Christmas.

Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment