Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Karen's Quilt

Here is Karen's wall hanging.

This is a look at the whole quilt. I loved the stars and subtle colors in this design, and here are pictures to show you how I quilted it.  Be patient though, photography is not my gift, the batting was thin, and the lighting was poor.  With my disclaimer posted, here are my photos.


Interlocking circles unite the stars and center of the quilt.  I think the circles define and the four star blocks, and at the same time brings them all together.





Feathers in the border, that fit under the brown pieced blocks.  I wanted the blocks to appear to be floating on top of the feathers.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate your company.

Esther

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the circles! Fabulous as always Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the circles to tie the stars together! As well as the feathers with circles to float the blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great quilting. Love the quilt design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top quilting. I love the way you tucked those feathers behind. Must have meant lots of stops and starts.
    I was reading someones else's blog and saw a picture of your Storm at Sea quilt at a show. Did you win a ribbon this time?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete